Charlotte's Personal Injury Law Firm

Se Habla Español

Schedule a free consultation today | 704.377.7777 | Email

Print Friendly

Practice Areas

Workers’ Compensation

Law Books

Workers who are injured while on the job must generally look to the workers’ compensation system to cover medical bills and lost wages. Personal health insurance, homeowner’s insurance or automobile accident insurance will not pay for treatment if your accident is work-related.

If you are injured at work, follow the steps below and contact our office at 704-377-7777 for a free consultation with a lawyer about your injury. You may also have an additional claim against another company which is not covered — or limited — by the workers’ compensation insurance system.

You Need to Comply With Certain Procedures

We can assist you in complying with the following requirements:

You must report to your employer that you have been injured at work. Do this as soon as possible after the injury. If you are in the hospital, a family member or crew member may also inform your supervisor.

Obtain medical care as soon as possible and let the doctor or hospital know that this is a work-related injury.

Within 30 days of the accident, you must give a written notice to your employer that you have been injured at work. This written note must contain the date of the accident and a brief description of the accident. It is not necessary to include any additional information.

You are also expected to comply with your doctor’s care and treatment recommendations so that you can return to work as soon as possible in a rehabilitated condition.

The North Carolina Industrial Commission also requires that you complete and submit their required forms. These forms will start the process of getting your bills paid and wage-loss reimbursed.

Contact Us for Experienced Legal Help With Your Workers’ Compensation Claim

We can help you sort through the maze of requirements needed to process your claim and obtain fair compensation for your injuries. Often, the insurance companies will try to minimize your injuries and refuse to pay for the care you need to recover. Our Charlotte attorneys are on your side. Call us at 704-377-7777 or contact us online. We truly care about injured workers.